Saturday 31 May 2008

RevHQ Order

Feels like ages since I've had any new records. But fortunately the postman brought a package yesterday from RevHQ, which gave me something to do.

I used to order from Revelation all the time. Their service is really good. Really fast. I usually get my order in a week. But at some point about three or four years ago I seemed to stop ordering from them. The main reason is that I seemed to get this idea in my head that it wasn't cost effective to order one or two records because of the shipping rates. Maybe that was a point when the dollar wasn't so weak. But these days I still have the same stupid idea. That if there's one thing I want from Rev then I have to find a few other things to order or it's just not worth it. And half the time I want one record, but there's nothing else, so I wait until there's something else, and then the first thing I wanted has sold out. Even though I have collected Revelation's colour vinyl for about 15 years now, and have been ordering directly for at least 13 of those years, the last couple of years I have missed everything they have released, due to being slow off the mark. So I'm playing constant catch up. Oh yeah, and it doesn't help that they started putting out everything on 5 different colours these days. I mean, as if I want 5 Sinking Ships LPs....

So here's a question - what do you do if you have 70 Dagnasty LPs lying around that nobody is interested in? Well, the answer is that you make up a limited sleeve, hand number it, then sit back & watch the orders roll in as idiots like me buy another version of a record they already have (and don't even like):




That said, it does look good. Glad I pulled my finger out and ordered this one.

Next item out of the box was the "final pressing" of the second In My Eyes LP. This was disappointing though, since there is absolutely no difference between this one and the original pressing. So a pointless purchase really:

And to go with the grey vinyl version, I got the red vinyl version of the Living Hell LP:

Next, another of the recent Dischord colour vinyl reissues. I'm missing about three of them. I keep meaning to place an order with Dischord, but got this one from Rev because it was only $7.70, which is actually cheaper than Dischord sell it. Even though I don't like the vinyl colour, I like how someone has at least had the sense to try to match it to the cover:

Eleven Thirty Four 7" on gold, which was apparently "found" recently. I always liked this band and only previously had this 7" on clear:

Finally, the latest Coheed & Cambria album. Slightly embarrassing to admit that I like this band, but still, the vinyl is cool and features a cool etching on one record:



This album also featured a code so that I could go to the band's website and download the songs. Pretty good idea. However, I tried it and all I got was a stupid error message saying "Not available in your country". And there was me thinking that the whole point of the internet was that it was "international"...

1 comment:

Maxv said...

Hi, just discovered your blog today. That etching on the back of the Coheed LP looks so sick. I've been on the fence a about getting it on vinyl since it's one of their weaker records, but I think I'm gonna pick it up now. By the way, have you heard about the Second Stage Turbine Blade vinyl pressings?