Wednesday 25 June 2008

Self Destruct

I used to think that Test Pressings were crap, mainly because most of them had plain white labels and came in a plain white sleeve. But also because you could, in theory, collect test pressings of every single record you already have, which makes collecting even more of an endless quest than it already is. These days, however, test pressings are cool. They have different sleeves and are nice to look at. So I'm into them. But there are still way too many to collect. So it occurs to me that the best ones to aim for are the ones for which there was no other rare or limited pressing. Even when I didn't like Tests, I was keen to acquire a Supertouch LP Test Press a few years ago because I collected Revelation colour vinyl, and it was the only Rev release for which there was no colour or limited edition pressing. So that's my new policy. I collect Test Pressings of records for which there was no other limited press. Or ones that are cheap.

So here's one. The SELF DESTRUCT 7" on Dead & Gone Records:


I bought this from the CEO of Dead And Gone Records, Ian Ian, which explains why I have a strange "number":



If for some reason you've not heard (or heard of) Self Destruct, or indeed Dead And Gone Records, check out these links:

http://www.myspace.com/selfdestructhc

http://www.deadandgonerecords.com/

No comments: