Thursday 5 June 2008

Swiz 7"

One of the first batch of bands I got into was Swiz. This was because, when I hadn't been into hardcore very long, some dude I met who had been into it for a few years decided to drop out, and wanted to sell his records. I was in the right place at the rigth time and bought most of his collection for next to nothing. In the batch were the two Swiz 12"s, who I had never heard before, but was immediately into. Over the next few months I went about tracking down their 7"s, the weirdest of which was the "Rejects" 7", since that had come out a few years after the band had split and was on the THD label, which at the time seemed to mainly put out pop punk type bands. My copy of the "Rejects" 7" was on green vinyl. In fact, every copy I ever saw was on green vinyl. I assumed that it was the only colour that existed.

Fast forward 15 years, and I stumbled across the 'Rejects' 7" on ebay on white vinyl. It featured my new favourite "best offer" option, so I offered a couple of dollars less than the asking price and won it. Stoked!

This also happens to be one of the best condition used records I have ever received. Totally mint.


EDIT - I got a reply from Jason at THD. There were 3000 pressed on green vinyl, and 100 on White. Cool.

1 comment:

Handsome Pete said...

I love Swiz. Haven't listened to them in ages.

And I think I may have to do that when I get home.