Monday 16 June 2008

Trade!

Today I received a couple of 7"s which were part of a trade. I was stoked, seeing as I haven't done a trade in a LONG time. Nothing particularly exciting, but still, it was cool to get records without having to spend cash and damage my money collection.

First up, yet another version of another new-ish crap-ish Revelation release, the Down To Nothing 7" on yellow:


In my opinion, this record is probably the worst piece of vinyl that Revelation have ever created. The cover is horrible. I don't know what is going on here. It's like they tried to make it look retro with the words at the top and pictures underneath. "Tried" being the operative word, because the result is not "retro", but rather "crap". The card that the sleeve is made from is also horrible. It's way too thick, and somehow has "mass produced" written all over it. Worse, the vinyl is from the (thankfully brief) period when Rev used GZ to press its records, and is consequently a cheap, nasty looking plastic. And this one is an awful colour. I hate this record, but still I need it, because the collector nerd within me dictates that I have to have all Revelation colour vinyl. I hate everything about this record, but still I own three copies of it... and need two more. Christ.

Next up, the first Flagman 7" on clear vinyl:


I used to own this, but at some point I must have traded it away. I can't remember when or why I did that, but it must have been a long time ago. Maybe 10 years now. Jesus. Anyway, now I finally have this back. I like this record a lot. I think it's the best of their 3 7"s. The vocals remind me of Mean Season.

I traded these two for a Conviction 7" on blue, and the very same Flagman 7" on black. A fair (if unexciting) trade to kickstart the week.

No comments: