Monday 7 July 2008

What The Hell Is Going On?

Another day, another parcel of records. Today I got a couple of 7"s I pre-ordered from Six Feet Under Records.

First, a new 7" by Mental. Except, of course, it's not really a new 7". As I understand it, these songs are from some old demo, finally put onto vinyl, and then wrapped in some stupid sleeve with a cat wearing slippers:



The second 7" is some kind of Down To Nothing record that I also do not understand. I'm not sure what is going on here. After listening to it, I think these songs are joke songs. And the cover is obviously some kind of joke too. I guess the joke was wasted on me, because I just don't get it.



Then again, perhaps the joke is really on me, since I just parted with my hard-earned money for this nonsense.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Ha ha ha ha....we had the exact same reaction to that Down to Nothing 7 inch!