Tuesday 19 August 2008

The Fruits Of eBay

Three eBay related parcels turned up today. Nothing too exciting...

Cold World 7" on green marble. I have this on clear green, but haven't seen a green marble version before. It looks rad:


Next, a Let Down 12". This isn't an album, but rather the three 7"s compiled onto one handy 12".



Continuing today's theme of "green vinyl variations", next is a Drug Test 7" on a solid green. I already have this on clear green, but I prefer solid colours to clears generally. I think this is the 4th version of this 7" I have now, and I know there are others out there.


Quite how I have never managed to own this record I do not know. But I finally picked up the Half Off 7" on red. This one has some black streaks in the red, and was purchased from the CEO of How's Your Edge Corporation for the princely sum of $3.24


Even though I only paid $3.24 for the Half Off 7", Brian saw fit to throw in a couple of extra 7"s. I'm guessing that it probably worked out easier to put them into an envelope rather than shove them in the trash. First up, an Endeavor 7", which I am reltively happy with. I have two Endeavor LPs somewhere, and I remember that at least one of them is pretty damn good. So this is gratefully received. Thanks!


The second freebie is this thing... a 7" by a band called Half Man. I hadn't heard of this band before, so I had no idea what to expect.

The cover looks pretty nice. It's well printed on quality cardstock. But the label starts the warning bells sounding. I mean, how is anyone ever going to bring themselves to like a band that feature a 14 year old Harry Potter type dude on vocals? Then there's an insert that rambles on about immigrant workers and a booklet about the songs which also includes some kind of short story. I'm always wary of records with so much literature inside. A lot of the time stuff to read is interesting. But sometimes it means that the band are musically retarded, and hope to be taken seriously by writing some profound guff about some political crap, which usually doesn't wash, and is often just written badly. This band is the latter. Oh yeah, and the sound quality on this is appalling. How someone thought this needed to be pressed onto vinyl I have no idea. Why Brian Murphy saw fit to inflict this on me, I have no idea. Why he even owned it, I have no idea. And why I am sitting here at 20 past midnight rmbling on about a 7" from 1993 that nobody else will ever own, I have no idea. Christ.

3 comments:

hows yr edge said...

No comment. Glad you are "enjoying" them.

Mike said...

I've got that Half Man record! Their second 7 inch was produced by Don Fury and sounds a hell of a lot better. Cool band though, with Chris Jensen of Campaign/Mountain Records "fame" on guitar.

I'm having a great time reading through your blog. I live and breath this shit. So much fun checking out all the different vinyl.

Anonymous said...

Endeavor were gold.