Sunday 17 August 2008

Jesu

I love this band. I don't know how to describe them to people who haven't heard them. They mix various 'styles' and are a difficult band to pigeonhole. A strange (but good) mix of ambient, metal & 'shoegaze'. Or 'kind of slow but kind of heavy but also kind of melodic'. Or, to put it another way - my girlfriend quite likes it, and she doesn't like most stuff I play.

These new records were released on CD last year. I stumbled across the website at some point in 2007. It mentioned that vinyl would be available to order to in January 2008. So I saved the url in my favourites, and then checked every day in January. But no vinyl. The then site said it would be available in April 2008. So I did the same and checked every day. But April came and April went and nothing. The site then said June 2008, but June came and went and no change. Next we were told August 2008. Based on previous experience, it seemed unlikely, but then, as if by magic, the vinyl was in stock & ready for order. So I ordered, was a little shocked by the price but paid anyway, and the records came in two days. At last!




No comments: