Wednesday 17 September 2008

All Out Shite

Earth Crisis 'All Out War' 7". The record that I waited longest for in the mail. From sending off the money to receiving the record, my wait was two and a half years. A pretty funny story that I can't be bothered to tell right now.
Anyway, a couple of years ago I realised that a bunch of my 7" covers had become damaged. They weren't ripped or bent or anything, but the ink had gone 'sticky' and stuck to the poly bags. I think such a problem is caused by heat. I had about 120 7"s affected by this problem. When I first found this problem I was in a state of despair. But since then I have been slowly replacing the sleeves via eBay.
Recently I was trawling eBay, and found an Earth Crisis 7" going pretty cheap. I bought it, so I could switch the cover with the damaged one on my blue vinyl copy. However, when it turned up, Joe dipshit had mailed it out in an envelope with no cardboard included, and it had got a little bent in the mail. So this isn't quite the mint condition cover I was looking for. So now I need another one. Balls.



Is it fair to leave negative feedback for something that was packed badly? Hmmmm. I need to think about that one.

5 comments:

Junk Food said...

Yes it is fair. People take Ebay feedback very seriously. This guy will take what you write as advice and he probably wont package something poorly again. Do it for the next guy man... he could be you.

Mike said...

I'm always amazed when ebay sellers don't know how to package vinyl. I've had one arrive in a regular manilla envelope with no cardboard, and the vinyl was broken in half.

Youthcrewalex said...

yeah id be pissed! if you dont want this one i will have it off ya for a fiver ;)

Lins87 said...

I'm sure at one point I had a colour version of this.Mmmm was it blue or green?

Anonymous said...

speaking of Joe Dipshit...I had this 7" in green numbered like something stupid like 11 of 250 or whatever it was, and I sold it on ebay for some reason. What the hell was I thinking...got like 25 bucks. Damn I suck