Saturday 11 October 2008

Catching Up

I got some stuff towards the end of this week, but for once was too busy having a life to take photographs. This entry is the sum total of three parcels. I guess the theme here is mainly (although not exclusively) 2000-2004 variants. Most of these are things I already have in one form or another, but I need extra versions in case the hardcore police come round to do a site inspection.


First up, the third Atari 7" on gold and the Efforts Made 7" on baby blue:

Get The Most 7" on green, and Half Off 7" on gold:

Yet more Have Heart 7"s, including the horrible 5th press on orange splatter vinyl, which results because the label decided that they were sick of records that looked good and wanted to use a shit pressing plant instead:

Two One Up 7"s:

This version of the Demo 7" has a screen printed inside sleeve, which looks nice:

Two 7"s from My War records (both of which I already have, so these are spares if anyone is interested):

Right Brigade 7" and Youth Attack 7":

The interesting thing about the Right Brigade 7" is that this this record is red. The second press of this record (of which this record is undoubtedly part) is supposed to be pink, but mine is undoubtedly red, although it does have a white swirl (at the top of this pic), suggesting it is probably one of the early ones off the press before they added the white to mix the colour. I'd now like a pink one so I could photograph the two side by side to prove I'm not colourblind.

Next, the Soul Control 7", with limited Sound & Fury sleeve:

Sk8 Or Die compilation 7" on pink:

I like how the person who put this out somehow decided that they needed to number all three elements - the sleeve, the insert and the record itself. Seems like a lot of effort:

76% Uncertain "Estimated Monkey Time" LP. I had this already, but my record had a huge scratch across it, and this is a trade so that I now have one in good condition:

Inspired by Lins 87's post few weeks back, I picked up a couple of versions of the Damage Control LP. The first press on clear:

And the 2004 Euro Tour press. I would have bought this myself on the tour if I had gone. Actually, no, what I mean is that I did buy it when I went, but I traded it away and needed to replace it. How could I forget? I was down the front moshing and singing along all night. Just like when I saw Minor Threat and Black Flag in 1983 on my 8th birthday:

The 2nd In My Eyes LP with the record release cover:

I got one of these when it came out from Anthony Pappalardo, but the one he sent me has an alternate back cover numbered out of 10. So I decided that I needed the version that everyone else has with the regular back cover:

And finally, the 12" version of the Justice 7" that Lockin' Out released, on a nice green vinyl from the days before they got their stuff pressed at the shit pressing plant:

Ok, I'm done. I'm up to date again. Cool.

4 comments:

Mike said...

I'm interested in checking out that IME record you got from Pappalardo!

Nice haul. I've got a ton of new stuff I have to get up on my blog.

hows yr edge said...

I'm ALSO interested in seeing this alt cover. Never heard of it. AP was a photocopying fiend!

xroldx said...

where the hell do you find the money for all these records I wonder

mcs said...

Haha! It's no secret, my friend. I have a job.