Saturday 1 November 2008

Bad Brains

This probably sounds crazy, but until the American Hardcore movie came out I never liked Bad Brains. This is because I tried to get into them years ago, but got given the wrong record. To me, reggae is pretty much the worst form of music there is. I hate it. So years and years ago, when a friend taped me some Bad Brains, I was appalled by the reggae sounds I then found myself listening to. I have no idea what record or what songs were on that tape, but the majority seemed to be reggae, so I decided on the spot that I didn't like Bad Brains and left it there. But after watching the Bad Brains clips in the American Hardcore movie, I changed my mind. The songs and the atmosphere at the shows blew me away, so I decided to give them another chance. I downloaded the record with the iconic cover, and then didn't stop listening to it for about three weeks. This week I finally picked up a vinyl copy, which I found pretty cheap on eBay. Shame the seller turned out to be yet another retard without a clue how to pack records for the mail. The corners got bent up & I am pissed off.

I think the world is ready for a parody band called BAD BRIANS. Anyone out there called Brian - feel free to take this idea & run with it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shit, don't know how I missed that one, yellow/gold is one of the colours I'm still missing.

This may of interest to you:

http://www.punkvinyl.com/2006/09/23/the-many-flavors-of-bad-brains-roir-sessions/

Mike said...

This is the only Bad Brains album that I've really listened to.

Lins87 said...

That does sound crazy hahaha. How many different colours did this get pressed on? any ideas?

Anonymous said...

Lins - see above link for all the colours.

mcs said...

Good info, Hop. Thanks!