Tuesday 11 November 2008

Black Flag Damaged - Red

My mission to collect all the colour vinyl pressings of Black Flag LPs continues. Although they are not first pressings, they are cooler than first pressings in my opinion. I used to have a couple about 15 years ago which I subsequently sold, and now regret. Anyway, today I add this one to the pile:

"Damaged" LP on red vinyl. I also have this on solid purple. Interestingly, each record has different colour labels, so one must be an earlier press than the other. I wonder which is earliest & which rarest? I figure red must be rarer, solely on the basis that I have only seen the red one once before, whereas I have seen the purple one a few times. Oh yeah, and I have also seen it on clear purple too. Is it possible that yet more versions exist? Does anyone know?

Also, I've just added a "Black Flag" label to this post and all previous Black Flag posts. Click the label (below) and it will show you all the coloured Flag records I have picked up in the past few months without you having to trawl back through all the crap in this blog to find them. Cool huh? I should probably try to add more labels too, although I'm not sure how many other "themes" there are running through this thing. Hmmm...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about a 'retard alert' tag for your posts? Seems to be a regular thing these days!

Anonymous said...

All of the SST color vinyl releases are in complete pressing runs of 1000 copies. Dukowski himself said they did 1000 at a time, and when one color sold out they pressed it on another color, max run of five colors.

Los Jacklos said...

I heard it was 500 colored at a time. You NEVER see these things that often (even on ebay), it can't be a 1000 at a clip.

As for the Damaged on colored I have Red (like yours), Pink. opaque Purple, and clear Purple. I have never seen another color (or I would own it).

Cool blog!