Thursday 13 November 2008

Kid Kilowatt Test

I used to love Cave In. I still listen to them occasionally. But back in 2000-2001 I was WAY into them. And then Kid Kilowatt appeared on the scene - a kind of project band featuring half of the Cave In members. An album came out and I was stoked. But when I got it I was disappointed. I thought it was boring. I listened to it maybe twice and then gave up. A couple of years later I decided to give it another chance and (as often happens) learned to love it. My experience shows me that most of my favourite records are ones that I didn't get on the first few plays, but which grew on me over time. Same with Kid Kilowatt. Anyway, I picked up a test of their 7" on ebay for $20, which I thought was pretty reasonable. I like how Second Nature tests all have the logo on the label, it looks cool. Well, as cool as a record in a plain dust sleeve can look I suppose.

2 comments:

Handsome Pete said...

I love this album.

My friend's description: "Cave In goes Rush."

I was sold.

Mike said...

I loved early Cave In...back with the original singer, before he left to play guitar in Ten Yard Fight...and I was excited when I heard that Stephen Brodsky(sp?) was starting up a new band which was Kid Kilowatt. I may have heard one song from the band, but it never really stuck with me and I don't even know if I was aware they put an album out!