Tuesday 30 December 2008

Voicebox 7" Test Press

Another day, another record. Today a test press from the band Voicebox. I'm not sure if this really counts as a "band" as such. I don't know if these guys ever played any shows or wrote any other songs other than the 2 on this 7". But this "band" is composed of two famous hardcore dudes, Dan O'Mahoney & Chuck Treece. I can't be bothered to list the bands they have been in. You should know already. And if you don't then the internet can tell you. Anyway, I always liked this 7". So paying $24 for the test press didn't seem too much of a big deal.

If you're not familiar with this record, then this is what the proper version looks like:

It was released by Workshed Records. Someone once told me that Dan O'Mahoney owned this label, but I'm not sure. They did put out some good records in the early 90s though.

If you want to hear the Voicebox 7", but don't have a record player (or indeed a Voicebox 7"), then worry not - I can help you out. I have kindly ripped it and uploaded it, so all you need do is click with your mouse:

Voicebox 7"

5 comments:

Mike said...

Cool record, and a great price for the test press. My copy is on blue vinyl.

mcs said...

I have it on blue too. I've also seen green, and clear. I wonder if there are any more?

s.wade said...

i have it on both clear and blue. dan o' definitely did workshed records. i'd love to see a workshed pressing history, i have seem so many color versions of the records and i have no idea what's what.

workshed put out some really great stuff, most of which is way off of the radar for kids today.

luciferyellow said...

Thanks for the rip. My copy was powder-blue and marbled (if memory serves me right) - unless that's what you are referring to as "blue". I am surprised to learn though that they had more than one pressing of this at all, because no one seems to like this record (I do).

JayL said...

i have a clear one... with cover/ signed by chuck and lyric sheet inside