Monday 5 January 2009

Ice Grillz

I realised recently that there aren't actually many current bands that I am into. This worries me, because it makes me think that I am getting old. Well, not getting old exactly - I mean, technically, I am old already. But I always figured that people who stop keeping up with current bands are the kinds of people that go around saying things like "It's not the same as it used to be" and "kids today don't know they're born" and other such crap. I don't listen to that many current bands I guess, but then again, I probably listen to a lot more current bands that most people my age who have been into this crap for as long as I have. My conclusion is that there are actually too many bands and labels to keep up with, and it's hard to know where to focus my attention. But maybe that's the point - I'm old and out of touch, else I'd know exactly where to look. Damnit.

Cold World 'Ice Grillz' 7" on ice clear vinyl. I do like this 7" a lot. It was probably my most played record of 2005. When this came out this band were new and cool. Now I'm not so sure. I know they're still going, and I picked up their LP, but I kinda feel that I should be embarrassed to be listening to this band now. Are they still cool or not? Can someone please let me know.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Due to the number of labels and bands it is hard to keep up nowadays. I feel like I'm at least a year behind in hearing most of the "cool" new bands.

Nab said...

totally cool