Sunday 18 January 2009

Walpurgisnacht II

Less than a month ago I picked up three different versions of the latest Integrity 7", and I wrote "I have a feeling I'm going to be buying more copies of this one at some point". But little did I realise I would be acquiring another version so quickly. Here's one on purple:

And here's the purple one next to the grey one:

I don't think this is a different version. I think (although not entirely sure) that this is just part of the grey pressing. I have seen two other records in the past (Deadguy LP and War Zone live 7") where the vinyl colour ranges between grey and purple. Some people refer to theirs as purple, some as grey. But the truth is that there are not two colours, just variations of one pressing. One guy who used to work at Victory referred to this as "putty", whereas the recent Cheap Tragedies 7" on Livewire refers to it as "scrap". Anyway, regardless of whether there were intended to be different colours or not, the fact remains that idiots like me can pick up yet another copy of a record they already have because it is a shade different.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Wanting the record because it is a different shade makes perfect sense to me. ;)