Tuesday 21 April 2009

Black Flag - Who's Got The 10½ on Purple?

The answer is, of course, me. Although you wouldn't guess it to look at this picture:

The colour only reveals itself when held to the light, at which point it looks a bit like this:


I won this on eBay. Fourth time lucky. The first couple of times I watched it for a few days and then just forgot to bid and the auction ended. Third time was only a couple of weeks ago. It sold for more than I expected and I didn't win. It went for £16. Then another one appeared and I got it for £6. So it took a while, but at least it feels like a good deal. I used to own this in a previous life. I bought this album from (I think) HMV on Oxford Street in about 1992. A couple of years later, when I sold all of my Black Flag records, it went out the door. Nice to be reunited with it. Not really one that most people are bothered about, but in my quest to get all Black Flag coloured vinyl, it's a must.

Not sure how many more colour Flag records are out there. Ones I know I am missing are 'Damaged' on clear purple, and 'My War' on both blue and red. Apart from that I don't think there are any. If anyone knows of what's out there please let me know.

2 comments:

Lins87 said...

Love that record and it looks so good in purple. Nice

Mike said...

Man, I loved this record. Mostly later-era Flag songs, but it still rips.

ps. I can't keep up with you this month on posts. :)