Sunday 19 April 2009

The Blackest Curse

Back in January 2007, Pulling Teeth played a set of Integrity covers with Dwid on vocals. The band went by the name THE BLACKEST CURSE. A year later, a limited LP was pressed of the recording of this show, which was sold only at the A389 Records 5 year anniversary show in Baltimore. I didn't go, but luckily managed to get a hold of one of these records through a friend. After a lot of waiting, it finally arrived this week:

I'm slightly disappointed by the artwork on this thing. In one way its cool. I like the black paper used for the sleeve, and the minimalist packaging... but at the same time, it's a little bit of a let down. I'm not sure why exactly, it just is. Still, I'm lucky as hell to have one, I shouldn't complain. There were only 125 copies made.

The other cool thing is that the dude who sent me this told me he also found an Iron Boots test press that he had forgotten he owned, and asked me if I wanted it. By the time the package turned up weeks later, I'd forgotten about it too, so it was a nice surprise to find this as an "extra":

The funny thing is that I don't even own the regular version of this record. It's the only Iron Boots record I don't own. I need to sort that out.

The only bad thing about this stuff is that I owe for it. And I hate being in debt. Pressure to find something good to repay the favour. Bear with me dude, I will sort you out, I promise. Oh, and once again - Thanks!

5 comments:

hop said...

I'm not sure how many people have a regular version of that IB record - hardly anyone (including me) were sent their pre-orders!

mcs said...

I think i vaguely remember that guy eiren getting into some kind of argument on the D&G board about it. Maybe. I wonder if he got his in the end?

jason said...

what does that Blackest curse LP sound like? good quality? im very interested in hearing it

mcs said...

Jason - did you ever take a video camera to a show? I did a few times. When you watch it back, the sound is kinda distorted because its so loud. Well, The Blackest Curse LP sounds just like that.

KieranH said...

I was lucky enough as well to have a mate grab one and avoid the ebay prices. Have to say I really like the minimal packaging and silver ink and the little details like the GISM rifle for "side A" is a nice touch. Theres also 4 of these on pink, guessing as a nod to humanity... which is gonna be a pain to track down as I know at least 2 of them wont pop up anyware.


Kieran