Saturday 18 April 2009

Higher Learning

If you're a collector you sometimes do stupid things. For example, you might buy something that you don't really want because you feel that you NEED to own it. Here's a classic example - Down To Nothing 'Higher Learning' 7" on Orange:

Why did I feel compelled to buy it? Well, because I've been collecting Revelation records for many years, and my brain tells me that something isn't right if there's one that I don't have. Getting this has made life feel slightly easier because now I have the full set:

Pressing info on this one is:
1st Press - Purple (104), Orange (328), Yellow (614)
2nd press - Green (500)
3rd Press - Blue (524 made)

Interestingly, I hated this when it came out, because it has whack cover art and was pressed on crappie euro vinyl. But owning 5 colours and placing them side by side for this pic, I thought they looked kinda cool. The moral therefore seems to be that if you own a crap record, buy four more versions of it!

1 comment:

Mike said...

I love this record, but for some reason I only own the green vinyl. I'm collecting DTN vinyl, so I obviously need to buy more of these. Nice picture of the group of them.