Thursday 16 April 2009

Over The Line 7"

The second post in two days about a 7" by a band whose name starts with the word 'over', this is the new 7" by OVER THE LINE. As usual, Livewire Records have pressed only 300 copies, with two colours of vinyl:

I'm not actually sure what the pressing info is on this one. On the Livewire homepage they say 200 Red and 100 Blue. However, in a previous article on Livewire they said there were 200 Blue and 100 Red. So yeah, there's 200 of one colour and 100 of the other. As usual with Livewire releases, the packaging is pretty impressive, and this 7" comes with a large fold-out poster.

I don't know much about this band. I think they were around back in about '97, did a demo and then disappeared. Then they came back a couple of years later and recorded some more and then disappeared again. So I think that this recording is from about '99... but I might be wrong. Anyway, I'm not sure if I'm into this or not. I listened to it about 3 or 4 times now and it doesn't really grab me too much. That said, however, there's a song called "Dead Eyes" which I am into because there are moments where it sounds just like BURN to me, which is always a good thing. I'd link you to a myspace page so you could check them out, but I think this is the only band in the known universe to not have one. So instead you can preview one song on Livewire HERE (mp3 link is at the end of the first paragraph).

1 comment:

Mike said...

Okay, now that you have yours up, I had to do mine as well. I hear the Burn influence as well, but after only a couple of listens, this hasn't really grabbed me either. Have you heard the Involution album from Soul Control? Now that is some great Burn influenced hardcore!