Tuesday 14 April 2009

Overstand 'Kali Yuga' 7"

About 7 years after I ordered it, I got my Overstand 7".

I don't really know anything about this band. Former member of Charge apparently, although I have never in my life heard Charge before, so that doesn't mean a lot to me. To be honest, I only really bought this to support my friend Adam who put this out on his label, The Essence. I got some numbered version:

I don't know what the pressing info is on this. I think there was going to be only like 300 total or thereabouts. Not sure what the difference is between the version I got and the regular version either.

Anyway, considering I had no real expectations for this thing, I'm into it. I played it a few times and I like these songs. The first song, 'Brainwash Mind Games' is probably my favourite, it has some Annihilation Time type rock guitar riff going on which I am into a lot. But there are 4 good songs here. I'd recommend checking this band out and picking up a 7" before it vanishes. To help you, here's a couple of links.

First up, the band can be found and listened to here:

http://www.myspace.com/​overs​tandn​j

And the label can be found here:

http://www.myspace.com/​thees​sence​hc

Enjoy!

No comments: