Monday 18 May 2009

Bad Religion Reissue 7"

This is probably old news now, but the first Bad Religion record was reissued recently to coincide with World Record Store Day, which is some kind of national celebration of independent record stores held once a year. Seems like a pretty stupid idea to me. I mean, if independent record stores need help to survive, then surely they need it more than once a year?

Anyway, I live in a part of the country without any independent record stores, so I couldn't buy the Bad Religion 7". So instead, I managed to pick it up using the future of record shopping - the internet. And being an idiot with more money than sense, I figured I would buy more than one, so I grabbed a red one and a white one:

It comes in a fold-out sleeve. Not sure if this is a complete replica of the original 7" because I have never seen one.

This 7" has caused me listen to Bad Religion again for the first time in a long time. I used to listen to this band constantly back in 92-93 era. Shame on me for forgetting how good they are.

10 comments:

mike said...

the black looks almost exact to the original. the main thing that sets them appart from the original is the address oa the bottom of the sleve, and the matrix numbers differ as well. the original only come out on black vinyl so the red and white stand out from the originals also.

Anonymous said...

You can be forgiven on forgetting how good they are,they got pretty bad real fast after "Suffer"....

Lins87 said...

Bizzare why they missed the insert from the euro pressing! I love early Bad Religion especially the How Could Hell Be Any Worse Lp.

mcs said...

Lins - what are you on about? What was missed from the Euro pressing? Is it not a gatefold sleeve? Or does it not have the red lyric sheet?

Sonofthesun - There were at least two good albums after "Suffer" - "No Contol" and "Against The Grain". After that they started going downhill in my opinion.

Mike said...

Suffer and No Control were flawless...Against the Grain was pretty good, but after that there isn't too much to get excited about.

Anonymous said...

I never got too into No Control, it's like Suffer PT II for me. That's when I lost interest....

mike said...

the Euro edition some were missing the insert. and there is a pink copy floating around on your side of the pond.


I always liked bad religion, I can find good stuff on all there releases. but suffer is by far the best

Lins87 said...

Marcus-the insert (lyric sheet) is missing from the euro press. Well at least from all of the ones I've seen thus far!

Lins87 said...

and yes its still a gatefold sleeve

mcs said...

Thank you for clearing that up, sir! Mind both have lyric sheets... but then again, mine came from the US of A.