Sunday 10 May 2009

GB Toy Second Press

A few months ago I was lucky enough to acquire the Gorilla Biscuits toy made for the Japan & Australia tour 2008 (you can see it HERE if you so wish). I was stoked at being able to get one, although at the same time I was slightly annoyed with myself for spending so much money on it. I mean, even though my friend only charged me cost price, it still worked out being more than I was comfortable with. But since I had asked a fried to buy one for me, I didn't have the option to not pay.

So anyway, a couple of weeks ago the folks over at Super 7 brought out a second pressing of this thing, and once again I was suckered into buying one. In my opinion, this one looks better than the first. The colour scheme matches that of the second pressing of the 7". It's well thought out. And even though its useless, it looks cool and I like it:

I'm wondering if there's enough mileage in this to do a third press. It'd be interesting to see a dirty green gorilla with a red sweater... although not sure my wallet could take it to be honest!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey. There's been enough mileage to do four presses so far (I believe). There's the two colour pressings that you have along with a solid black and a clear pressing.

http://jawkdna.com/blog/?p=906

mcs said...

Yeah, I did know about the black and clear versions... although in my head I had them pegged as part of the first press. But yes, you are most correct, there are 4 different versions out there.

That blog you linked to is done by Jeff Jawk. I met him once abuot 4-5 years ago. Cool guy. He also has (or had) 2 Chung King LPs too.

Anonymous said...

You may very well be right, I havn't really payed any attention to the GB toys so it may be the case that 3 were pressing one. I'm not sure.

I've never met the guy personally but he's a friend of friends. Also heard the infamous chung king story before.

Final note, good blog, I enjoy reading.