Monday 11 May 2009

I Hate You

I used to hate Dead By 23 Records. As a record collector, I thought that DB23 was going completely over the top by making so many variations of each release. A few years ago I would buy one copy of each record and leave it there. But then I got the bug to own multiple copies and variations of everything. I think this bug coincided with an increase in my pay. Anyway, I have 8 different 7"s on this label, and I have 46 7"s in total. Insanity. But fun. I mainly picked them up because, a couple of years after the DB23 collecting bug died down, they prices dropped significantly. Still, there was one release I struggled to get hold of... until now. The I HATE YOU discography LP. It looks nice. It has a screen-printed, glow in the dark cover:

It also has this printed inside the sleeve:

I don't know too much about the history of this LP. All I know is that a lot of people who ordered it never received it. This is what the seller from whom I bought it wrote in the auction:

Here's the infamous I Hate You 12" put out on dead by 23, or should i say never really put out. For those who don't know, this was advertised on the revelation message board years ago. Only 138 were supposed to be pressed. DB23 head honcho and all around swell guy Mr Redcheecks took the cash by paypal (about $18 x 138 copies = $2400+!!! thats a spicy meatball!) and never sent a single person a record. Then years later he made this limited screened cover edition to sell at posi numbers in wilkes bare PA and didn't even send the fine chaps who ordered copies any. What a pair that guy has eh? Less than 100 were made for this show. Anyway here's a copy, near mint condition.

No comments: