Wednesday 20 May 2009

Let the Backlash begin...

Not the most exciting of posts this one, for either me or you. I picked up two Backlash 7"s on eBay. I bought them to replace mine, which both have dodgy condition covers. I haven't listened to this band in probably half a lifetime, but my memory tells me these records are nothing special. The first is "The Lost New Start Record", so-called because it was supposed to come out on New Start Records, but the label dicked the band about and never got around to putting it out, so the band put it out themselves.

The second 7" is the Backlash "Once Ago" 7". This one was jointly put out by no fewer than 4 record labels - 1124 Records, Chapter Records, Tease Records (who the hell?) and Conquer The World Records. This copy is on blue, although my previous copy is red.

I now have spares of both of these, although I can't imagine anyone will want them. Demand for these records probably isn't that high, seeing as the combined price of these two 7"s on eBay was £1.70 ($2.64). If anyone does want them, however, get in touch.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I had no idea that this band released so many records. I have a CD of theirs, plus a one sided 7 inch. Backlash are okay, but yeah, not very exciting.