Thursday 21 May 2009

Mind Eraser Conscious Unconscious

So I was saying a couple of days ago that I can't get enough Mind Eraser. Today I got some more. The latest album... "Conscious Unconscious". This came out a couple of months back, but the first pressing sold out in about five minutes and I didn't get one. So I just picked up the second press, of which there are 500 copies on white vinyl. First thing to say is that I love the cover art on this:

I was really unsure about this before I played it. The last Mind Eraser record was a 7" with ten songs on it, whereas this is a full length album but only has two songs. Backwards huh? So before I played it, I couldn't see how a band who rip through songs in about a minute and a half could come out with two songs that are about ten minutes each. However, after playing it a couple of times, I can safely report that it's an interesting listen. The songs are slower and more drawn out than previous efforts. I can tell it's going to take me a few more plays to "get it" properly. But I like that. I like records that aren't instant hits and command a little work and attention.

Also, I laughed when I saw the lyric sheet, because it's in the same font that I complained about in my post about the 7". I mean, come on, can anyone read this?

2 comments:

Head2Wall said...

I love that font.

Alternate 1995 said...

it looks like they're documenting their time in prison.