Sunday 17 May 2009

Norman Bates & The Showerheads LP

There's a band on the "New York Hardcore: Where The Wild Things Are" compilation LP called NORMAN BATES AND THE SHOWERHEADS. I always liked the name, even though I knew nothing about the band. The band always kinda stood out to me on that LP for being the least known entity. I often wondered how they ended up on that LP, alongside such acts as Outburst, Sheer Terror, Killing Time, Breakdown... they just didn't seem to fit. But I liked them because of that. Because they were a bit different. And because their name was kinda humorous. It was a few years before I even knew that they had an album, but once I found out that they did I wanted to hear it.

I've seen this record a few times on eBay, but never really got serious about buying it. But recently I got serious and I got lucky at the same time. I was the only bidder on a sealed copy of this LP, and I got it for $10, which I consider to be a bargain price, especially seeing as it came out in 1989. Stoked.

I also picked up another item from my want list from the same seller. Another one that lots of people ordered but never seemed to receive - the first Cold World 7".

Two wants firmly crossed off the list. Good day.

3 comments:

Lins87 said...

NBATSH - This is the band that had every hc kid going "who the hell is this" when the Where The Wild Things comp came out.

Mike said...

Dude, Double Cross should do a piece about that comp...ha ha ha ha ha. Dick. :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.