Thursday 28 May 2009

Paranoid Delusions

I was going to pre-order the new Pulling Teeth LP a few weeks ago when the pre-orders were announced. But as usual, the things I don't order right away are the things that sell out the fastest, and after about two days it was gone. Crap. Then once it had actually come out, I saw a post on the internet somewhere that Deathwish had an exclusive vinyl colour in their store. So I headed over there... to find that too had sold out. Double crap. However, a couple of weeks later I randomly checked the A389 Records store and found that, as if by magic, they magically had the special pre-order version (with hologram sleeve) back in stock. And then I checked Deathwish and somehow they had some of their exclusive colour back in stock too. So I hit the "order" button and sat back happy that I had been fortunate once more and wasn't going to have to play the eBay game that I so hate.

Anyway, the Deathwish exclusive colour version just came in. This is referred to as "blue multi splatter" and is limited to 150 copies, with regular gatefold sleeve:

The only thing I don't like about this is that the sleeve seems to be printed the wrong way. If I lay or stand it so that the spine is on the left and the gatefold sleeve opens the usual way, then this is what the cover looks like:

In other words, the cover art is printed sideways! I'm not entirely sure yet, but this might prove to be even more annoying than the Ressurection LP that has the spine on the wrong side...

1 comment:

Mike said...

"this might prove to be even more annoying than the Ressurection LP that has the spine on the wrong side"

ha ha ha ha