Thursday 11 June 2009

The First Step - What We Know Sessions

A new First Step 7" came out recently. It may be a new release, but it contains old recordings. It was put out by Bottled Up records. Somehow I missed seeing that it was coming out, so only found out when other bloggers put pictures of theirs up online... which meant that the most limited versions were long gone. So I fired off a late order and got two different coloured copies:


My first thought was "man, the cover is crap, what the hell is it supposed to be?". Standing back though, it becomes obvious, and kinda (but not THAT) cool:

I know the rarest version of this one is black, hand-numbered vinyl. No idea what the crack is with these two colours though.

So what's the record like? Well, this contains older recordings of songs that were on the "What We Know" LP. The sound quality isn't as good and the songs are definitely rough versions. Sometimes rough, demo versions of songs are better then the final, released versions. But in my opinion, that's not the case here. The LP, in my opinion, is great. This 7", unfortunately, is not. I'd advise only diehard TFS fans pick this up really... although, that said, they probably already have!

2 comments:

Mike said...

150 on blue, and 250 on white.

mcs said...

Thanks dude. Good info!