Tuesday 23 June 2009

Jawbreaker 'Busy' 7" on Red

I've been on quite a Jawbreaker kick lately. After picking up one of my biggest wants recently (the blue vinyl pressing of their first LP - HERE) I have been listening to them again for the first time in a few years. This prompted me to pick up another of their rarest records, which I have had on my want list for a LONG time... the 'Busy' 7" on red vinyl:

This is the first press and rarest version of this record. There were 150 copies on red vinyl which were hand numbered (rather fittingly with a red pen):

The guy selling this on eBay got it straight from the collection of the dude who used to own Shredder Records. This copy is in absolutely mint condition, and it doesn't seem unreasonable to assume that it may never have been played. There can't be many copies in such good condition, especially seeing as this record will be 20 years old next month. All things considered, I'm pretty happy. As Ice Cube would say, "Today was a good day".

1 comment:

Alternate 1995 said...

You got a good deal. The same guy put another one up. Not sure if you saw that. It just went for 70+. I wonder if he has the test.