Monday 20 July 2009

L7 7" Green

I used to collect Sub Pop records years back, in the very early 90s. Sub Pop 7"s are what really got me started on the collecting trip. I sold them all but have bought most of the ones back that I ever really cared about. This is one I never owned before. The L7 'Shove / Packin' A Rod' 7" on green:

This used to sell for about £30 back in about 1992 when the band were at the peak of their popularity. I think I may have seen them live once when they supported Faith No More at Brixton Academy in '92. I have no memory of the show at all, but for some reason I think I have seen L7 play live and this seems to be the most likely place and time. (Edit - I just checked the internet & it seems I am correct - 25 November 1992 was the date). I was never really into this band, but this record is great.

1 comment:

jhulud said...

I was...and still am...into L7. Awesome band. I have this 7" as well but on black.