Monday 13 July 2009

Rot In Hell / The Process Split 7"

As far as I am concerned, the best band in the UK right now is ROT IN HELL. I've been listening to Integrity for many years now, and they are one of the few bands that I can never tire of. Rot In Hell do the same kinda sound, but reside over here. They've got some dudes in from bands you may or may not have heard of, and have managed to attract the attention of some US labels (A389 Records and Deathwish Inc), which is pretty good going. I'm stoked for them.

The latest record is a split 7" with THE PROCESS. It's called 'The Works Of Fate' and is a celebration of the Marquis De Sade. Does this mean they're all sadists? I'm not sure. But as expected, the packaging and artwork are nice, and really add to the Holy Terror experience.

The first 100 copies come with a mini zine dedicated to the Marquis De Sade, which contains lots of pictures that you probably wouldn't want your mum to see.

There's one RIH song on here, entitled "Dyonisian". It actually sounds more like Integrity than Integrity do these days. Although the fact that Dwid contributes vocals might help that a bit. This is good stuff though, and definitely one of their better songs. As time marches on, RIH keep getting better and better. I can't wait for the LP to drop.

The Process is another UK band, but one that I am not so familiar with. I saw them play once and was into it, but I just never got around to picking up any of their records. On the basis of the song on here, quite why I do not know. This band is awesome. A little bit slower than Rot In Hell, but every bit as evil. Vocals are sick. I'm sure that this sounds like some big American band that everyone would know, but I can't think of who. But anyone into heavy hardcore would be into this for sure.

Anyone who wants to order this 7" can get in touch with the label here:

http://www.myspace.com/feastoftentacles

Interestingly, the day I received this 7" in the mail, there must have been evil in the air. Even my eBay feedback was affected (it has since moved on, but I took this screen shot as a souvenir):

2 comments:

billy27 said...

mate, you need to check out more the Process records. well worth it, also are you coming to any shows up north anytime soon ?

Mike said...

That screen shot of your ebay feedback is priceless.