Sunday 13 September 2009

27 Tour 7" Test Press

Here's one that got me very excited recently... a test press of the 2003 tour 7" by the band 27:

This was the first 27 record I bought, in 2003. I didn't see them on tour. I missed them. They played with Isis. I saw Isis play at the Old Angel in Nottingham on that tour, but got there late and missed all other bands (a move I would later regret).

And even though I've been collecting Hydrahead Records since the label started, this is the first Hydrahead test press I have acquired.

The band come from Boston, MA. They are not hardcore. I spent the summer of 2004 listening to pretty much nothing else. I fell in love with this band so much that I put put their last album on vinyl (there are still some left if you are interested - see the website that i never update HERE.

Just for reference, here's what the regular record looks like:

I picked this test press up on eBay. It had a buy it now price of $20. As soon as I pressed "buy" I felt really lucky, but also a little guilty... because I felt like it would probably make Juan jealous. Sorry dude.

1 comment:

jhulud said...

If I had know it was on eBay...Daaaaaaamnnnn!!!...I am uber-jealous! That is awesome though. I am glad that you got it and not some other schmoe!