Monday 12 April 2010

The Lost Fired Up 7"

A couple of months ago I picked up a Fired Up 7" which I thought was the final one I needed. I assembled the 7"s I had to do a group shot (you can see the post HERE). At the point I had the records laid out I realised one was missing. I frantically searched my collection for it, but couldn't find it anywhere. I then checked my collection spreadsheet, and it wasn't there either. I concluded that I never actually owned it, but must have been tricked into thinking I owned it because I had seen the thing on Mike's blog. I was annoyed that I didn't even know what I had and didn't have, and was also pissed that I was then going to have to spend time tracking one of these things down.

But then a few days later I got a comment on my blog from a dude in the UK (of all places!) saying he had a spare. So we arranged a trade, which (unlike a lot of trades) was nice and easy, and a few days later the record that I thought I picked up months previous was finally mine. I love how this thing has a plain red label. Looks really good with the yellow vinyl:

A pretty good 7" that I never planned to own 7 copies of, but seeing as I have 7, I'm now thinking that I might as well aim for 9 to complete the set. Could take a while I imagine.

4 comments:

Mike said...

9? I have 8 of them. What am I missing? Just the test press?

mcs said...

My 9 was calculated as being the 7 I have plus black vinyl and test press.

So yeah.

Mike said...

Cool, I thought that I was missing something.

Danie said...

What are the two you are missing? If you are on the hunt you can always email Mike from fired up, he sometimes has stuff laying around or can make suggestions on where to get it (I completed my collection via him). He also loves to see people collecting fired up stuff! If the records are frustrating, try going for tshirts, I just gave up.