Sunday 18 April 2010

Times Together 7"

So the dude who traded me the Fired Up 7" that I wrote up in my last post happens to be in a band called TIMES TOGETHER, whose 7" was recently released by Just Another Day Records. It's a pretty rare thing these days to find a straight edge band in the UK, especially one more influenced more by Youth Of Today than AFI. Times Together are heavily and proudly influenced by the kinda bands that were on Wishingwell Records (read Uniform Choice, Unity & Insted rather than Apology!), so I took the opportunity to pick up the 7", titled 'The Changing Of The Leaves'. Red vinyl is the mailorder version and limited to 90 copies:

I also picked up some other versions:

This is a seriously good record. I have listened to this 15 times now according to itunes. A bit different to most current sxe hardcore bands. Mike said this reminded him of Ignite circa 'Call On My Brothers', and that's a pretty much spot on description I'd say. I remember when that Ignite LP came out, I played it to death. The summer of '96... a great time in my life. Here's to hoping the summer of 2010 is half as good! But yeah, if you like Ignite, Uniform Choice then I would seriously recommend checking this band out.

Oh yeah... I also got a 7" compilation called 'Youth Crew '08' at the same time, which I had never even heard of before. This has one song by Times Together, plus songs by Fired Up, True Colours, Mindset and a couple of other bands I haven't heard much of.

A nice little comp, although the cover sucks ass.

I'm sure that if Times Together were a US band they'd be signed up by React! Records by now, so I really hope that people aren't put off by the fact they're from the UK and give them a chance.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Holy shit! You got a record from a current band...and you like it?!?! I'm impressed. :) I love how nice the four colored (or is that coloured?) vinyl look together.

XjamesX said...

Thanks for the kind comments Marcus, glad you like the record! :)

Oh one thing, we aren't an Edge band (im sxe but the rest of the band are not) people just always think we are because of the sound we go for etc :)

XjamesX