Friday 2 April 2010

Weird Package

I received what I can only describe as THE weirdest package ever yesterday. The postman woke me up ringing my doorbell, and when I went downstairs I found a package of 7"s waiting for me. I figured it was some 7"s I'm expecting from a friend in New York.. but when I opened it I got a bit of a surprise. Here's what I found inside:

This thing contained nine 7"s on Touch & Go Records. There were seven(!) copies of a 7" by a band called Flesh Columns:

And two copies of a 7" by a band called Blight:

Pretty funny to be sent something that I didn't order, pay for or want.

I never heard of these records before, but I went to popsike and it seems that, if I had the good fortune of owning sleeves, these things could be worth somewhere between $50-100 each. Unfortunately though, I don't have sleeves!

Now, it turns out this was sent by a dude who has been selling a lot of Touch & Go releases (including test pressings) on eBay. I won a Pegboy LP test press from him a couple of weeks back, but then he sent me a message telling me not to pay for it, saying he didn't have it after all & was really sorry. Mistakes happen. I wasn't upset. But I'm guessing that the dude sent me this box of crap by means of an apology or something. I appreciate the gesture, but jesus, what the hell am I supposed to do with nine 7"s that don't have sleeves?

If anyone wants any of these things then please get in touch!

EDIT 04 April 2010 - Turns out this package was actually intended for someone else, not me. So i'll be sending these things on to their rightful owner, which means that they are not up for grabs after all. Sorry. A nice little story though eh?

5 comments:

R said...

I would be interested in them, cash or maybe something you want from the states? Not trying to trade records haha

mcs said...

The only thing i want from the States is records. But if you don't want to trade then I guess I could use money to buy records.

Anonymous said...

Both those 7"s are classics and you are ambivalent about it...then you get all hot and bothered for fucking Bane...

mike said...

Ill buy the two blights, I need them for my collection.
e mail me
powerinnumbers2003@yahoo.com

mcs said...

They may be classics in your book, but I've never heard of them. But I'm only ambivalent because the records don't have sleeves. Assuming you like records, don't tell me you wouldn't feel the same.