Tuesday 22 June 2010

Floorpunch 2xLPx2

I am really conscious of how many reissues I seem to be buying lately. It seems that, ironically, vinyl is the only format that anyone can sell and make money from these days, so a lot of labels seem keen to reissue stuff that is long out of print. And even though the vinyl is probably intended for the new generation of kids who weren't around when the records were originally released back in the day rather than fools like me who were around, it doesn't stop me keep getting suckered into buying the same records again.

Sometimes it's nice to get the same songs repackaged in a new sleeve with new artwork. Sometimes it's nicer just to get it in the same sleeve but on a different colour of vinyl. I guess it varies depending on the band in question.

Sometimes though, I really wonder why I bother. This is one of those times. I like the front cover of this, but the rest of it does not look very nice. And the vinyl itself.. well, the only problem is deciding which of the two colours that I got sent is the most hideous.

This is one reissue that I can comfortably live without multiple copies of. I bought the tour press when they were on tour (see HERE), so I think I'd rather just let these vomit-inducers go. Not that I can imagine that anybody will actually want to buy these after seeing them though...

12 comments:

Wade said...

yea the colors for this were disappointing. the only thing that looks decent with the cover is the clear version. the cover and packaging were pretty cool. the euro tour version def looks the best. im guessin there will be a version for the showcase this saturday.

Mike said...

I'm not really happy with the labels on this one either. I do love the gatefold sleeve and the tri-fold insert though.

Wade said...

yea the labels don't work at all really. the gatefold is great and the insert is pretty cool, maybe a lil too much writing for me tho. i dont like to read novels.

jhulud said...

I was on the fence about getting this but now...definitely not. I'm happy with my OG black copy of "Fast Times at Jersey Shore".

-cja said...

can you post pics of the layout? i saw a copy 2 weeks ago but it was still sealed.

i like the vinyl colors, but i don't think they work well with the cover.

Unknown said...

if you think the tiger stripe vinyl is too hideous, I´d be more than happy to take it from you, haha. Seriously, hit me up at xmisfitx@gmx.de if you consider trading it away/selling it

Handsome Pete said...

I have the orange/black stripe. Is your vinyl "grainy" as well?

mcs said...

Yes. Mine is grainy as fuck. Feels / sounds like the sleeve is made of sandpaper.

Alpino - I tried to upload some photos but blogger is rotating them all 90 degrees for some reason. Looked stupid so I deleted them again. I'll email them if you want?

-cja said...

grainy vinyl? musta been pressed at Pirates/CZ... that gold color reeks of PP/CZ.

sure, you can email me the images. i'm very curious to see the rest of the layout.

Dobek Ohashi said...

I cant add anything else to this: The layout, insert/gatefold = very very cool.
The vinyl itself = not good at all.
GZ/PIRATE PRESS come up with extremely shitty looking vinyl.
The best looking one out of the lot is clear version in my opinion (the least limited) because it looks the most like the "normal" vinyl would.
I still had to get them all because it's fucking FP...

The One Tim That Still Holds True said...

Does anyone know what the other colour was? They had orange/black, gold, clear and another limited colour to be randomly inserted into orders. So far I haven't heard of anyone geting one.

mcs said...

Yeah, it was blue. See here:

http://crucialxtimes.com/xdx/?p=5157