Monday 9 August 2010

Bane EVR Tests

Don't think I have done this before, but I'm dedicating this post to my man bmurph...

First up, a test press of EVR 53... otherwise known as Bane's first LP 'It All Comes Down To This':

Interestingly, this has Revelation Records written on the labels, despite the record being released by Equal Vision. I guess back then Revelation used to order records on behalf of EVR. I wonder how & why this happened? Maybe I'll ask...

This test does not come with a sleeve, but I thought I would take a pic of it with the sleeve just because:

And for once I think this means that I have finished a collection:

Second, a test press of EVR 45, aka Bane's 'Holding This Moment' 7":

Once again, the customer was Revelation Records, despite the record being released by Equal Vision.

And once again, no sleeve. But this is what it might look like if it did come with one:

I was slightly annoyed with this one, since I realised that I don't own a regular black copy. So this picture is not complete:

If anyone wants to send me a black vinyl copy of this 7" as a gift, that would be great. And if you could do it ASAP, that would be better. Thanks!

PS - Thanks again to Mike for helping me out with this! Greatly appreciated, bro!

5 comments:

TreTillDeath said...

At the time of the pressing, Revelation was EVR's distributor. It was a weird time, when EVR was smaller than they are now, and Rev was bigger, and before a lot of the major label distro's started paying attention to "hardcore"

Rev is real close from Rainbo, and has been working with them since the 80's, so it would make sense that it would say "Rev" on the label, since they would have more than likely solicited the job due to being a big customer, and getting better pricing. (our first few jobs at Rainbo were like this)

Cheesegrater said...

Rev basically ordered / pressed all the EVR vinyl back then. They submitted the orders, distro'd, etc.

hows yr edge said...

You saw what hit ebay yesterday, right?

hows yr edge said...

And thanks for the dedication. I'm waiting for the day one of these falls into my lap. It'll happen...

Mike said...

For the most part, test presses are out of my league. Nice score, man. Glad to help out.