Monday 30 August 2010

Integrity 7.17 Compilation 7"

I'm thinking about binning this blog off and only writing about Integrity records from now on.

Not really, but sometimes it feels like I made that decision. It seems every other post is about Integrity records these days. Not that that's a bad thing of course. But anyway, I'm calling this Integrity week...

This first 7" is a compilation called simply '7.17' because it was released for a show that took place on the 17th of July 2010. As well as Integrity, this 7" features Gehenna, Vegas & Unreal City. I think there are only 300 copies of this thing - 200 on black (coming in two different colour sleeves - black, for mail order, and red, for the show itself) and 100 on green vinyl, which was available only through the bands. I don't have all versions, but I do have two nice ones...

Green vinyl, numbered out of 100. I gotta say, I like this particular shade of green:

Mine also came with a little bag of badges / buttons (depending on where you live) - one for each band, and to commemorate the show itself:

I was also lucky enough to pick up a test press of the same record. I think there were 20 of these & it comes in a special sleeve featuring one pissed off Charlie.

In the same package, I also got a couple more Integrity 7"s that I was missing. Firstly, two different versions of the latest 7" on Magic Bullet Records. This is definitely one of the best Integrity songs of recent years, or in fact ever. I have no idea what the pressing info is on this one yet, but I think the pink is the rare colour.

And finally, yet another VValpurgisnacht 7". This is another of the fourth pressing colours, coming in the silver sleeve.

Someone posted on a previous post on here that there were only ten of the yellow vinyl in a silver sleeve. I'm not sure I believe that. I mean, it's not numbered or anything. And there's nothing special about it to make it seem like an edition of ten. But even if that were true, there would be nothing to stop someone from taking a regular yellow copy and whacking it in a silver sleeve. Still, I knew this vinyl colour and sleeve combination existed, so I picked it up. Hopefully there aren't any more copies of this 7" that I still need. Well, except the one I'm waiting for in the mail that is...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Yellow vinyl Platinum version of the walp 7" is in fact limited to 10 but you're totally right. Anyone with the regular yellow vinyl version could swap sleeves. I just posted about some of the recent Integrity releases including the 7.17 comp on my blog that is still pretty new but what actually inspired by your blog. Check it out if you get a chance. Take care.

http://scourgedaggerandchain.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

It was listed as limited to 10 when it went up for sale in the A389 web store.
Turning The Endless Quest into an Integrity record blog site wouldn't be such a bad thing! Seems that most of my Ebay purchases this last few months have been Integrity vinyl.
It would be quite interesting to see a post showing all your Integrity vinyl Marcus.

mcs said...

Interesting. I didn't realise the yellow in the platinum sleeve was originally in the A389 store. Must have sold out before I got there. Still, a stupid variation.

POI Nx16 said...

I recorded an acoustic cover song that almost appeared on this 7", but it was too long to fit on.