Sunday 12 September 2010

Sound & Fury

Ok, so I didn't actually go to Sound & Fury 2010. But a friend I've never met was kind enough to bag me a few bits and send them over the pond.

This first 7" is super cool in my opinion. A copy of the Rival Mob demo 7" made up to look like the first Youth Of Today 7"... complete with orange vinyl and batman stamp.

There were 200 of these in total - 100 numbered for S&F, and 100 not. Mine is one of the nots. I don't think I am too fussed though. It's still a coll looking record, and I like how this parody is relatively clever and well made compared to most. This is only let down by the fact that the 'sleeve' is just a piece of card which sits in front of the 'real' cover... which looks awful:

Next up, I was disappointed to get sent three more Bane 7"s. I mean, obviously its cool to get them, but it's just irritating that there are more variations of this thing coming out now. Yup, we're entering the dodgy 'second pressing' phase. If all the labels that released one of this series of 7"s do the same then that's another three hundred 7"s to buy. Wouldn't be so bad owning loads of these, if the cover art wasn't so lame!

The three colours here are clear yellow (100), solid yellow (700) and clear green (300). The yellows are indeed different colours as you can see:

The clear yellow has a S&F stamp on the dust sleeve:

And finally... a shirt. Now, I make no secret of the fact that I am not a fan of shirts. I've just never really been that interested in shirts. I have a few, but generally I don't buy them very often (maybe like two a year on average) and I certainly don't chase specific designs. And I wear mine, to the gym and stuff. I don't 'collect' them as such. This one, however, I do not intend to wear - the Tee Till Death shirt of shirts:

I guess I've never really understood shirt collecting. Kinda funny, given that I collect records, and I imagine it's pretty similar. But what I mean is that I don't really understand if people who collect shirts wear them or not. I mean, if you drop big money on an original shirt from 1987, do you wear it? If you're a shirts person, let me know.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wear my stevie wonder shirt from 1983

Wade said...

i think if i dropped good money on a shirt like i do on records, id prob almost never wear it, but ive never done that for a shirt. ive paid more than the usual price but nothing foolish.

Anonymous said...

Yeah but do you ever play your records more than once?

Anonymous said...

i wear them on special ocasions, not regular. but i also do not spent a lot of money for them. not more than ~ 15 €.

hows yr edge said...

Did they do numbered Rival Mob eps for Sound And Fury? I don't know about that. I bought 4 of them from Sam at SAF. I don't think any of them were numbered.

mcs said...

Anonymous #2 - No, I don't play my records more than once. I probably don't EVEN play them once.

However, I wasn't taking the piss about shirt collectors. I'm just curious as to whether most shirt collectors wear their shirts or not. If I collected shirts, I would not wear them, because of the obvious risks of them getting torn or stained.

Hows Yr Edge - I'm only going on what the discography says on the Triple B site:

2nd Press on Clear Orange (out of 200) *some came out darker, almost red*

Sound and Fury 2010 Press #'d out of 100 on Clear Orange

Lecky said...

That shirt is pretty funny, I own/have owned in the past - 9 of the 16 shirts on the back. Not really through collecting, just picked them up and I've always worn my shirts, but I do have an unworn Victory recs Integrity In Contrast shirt as I had 2 of those.

Alternate 1995 said...

I wear 50, 75, even 100 dollar shirts all the time. No matter how old or rare. That's the fun of it in my opinion.

Mike said...

That Rival Mob YOT rip off is bad ass.