Monday 15 November 2010

Ink & Dagger 7"

Here's an example of me being quite lucky (again). I was sat at my computer a few weeks ago when an email popped up from Six Feet Under Records. It was probably announcing some new pre-order for something that I didn't really want. But what caught my eye was that it also mentioned that some of the Ink & Dagger 7"s leftover from the recent show in LA were available in the SFU Store. I figured that these would sell out pretty fast, so I clicked the link and bought one immediately. There were only 15 available in the store. They probably went within an hour of the email going out I would guess. So yeah, I was lucky and got one. I think that there were only 55 of these things made, although unfortunately they are not numbered.

This sleeve is nicely made. Screen printed with the lyrics in silver ink.

I saw Ink & Dagger play back with Refused over here in the UK circa 1997/98. I don't remember much about the show to be honest. But the over-riding memory that I do have is disappointment. I remember Ink & Dagger being disappointing because they played mainly newer songs from the album that I didn't have at the time. And Refused were disappointing because they were also playing mainly newer material, from 'The Shape Of Punk To Come', which I had but didn't like (I much preferred their earlier stuff). So the night was a bit of a let down. I do hear that they are coming back to the UK in early 2011 so hopefully that will be much more enjoyable.

4 comments:

jhulud said...

You already know I have this as well. I'm still waiting on the regular and glow-in-the-dark versions from SFU. Hopefully soon.

Anonymous said...

I saw them too around then with Refused, 1 in 12 club per chance Marcus? That night I also picked up the original press of the Love Is Dead 7", but with the limited numbered tour sleeve....

mcs said...

I missed out on the glow in the dark version. Gutted.

Yes, Captain Anonymous - the show I saw was at the 1in12 club. And yes, I too picked up one of those 7"s with a tour sleeve. You don't happen to remember if I went there on my own do you? Or if any other bands played? I have pretty much no memory of this show at all... which probably suggests that it wasn't very good... although I'm not sure if that's just my opinion.

Anonymous said...

My memory is a bit hazy after all these years, don't specifically remember you being there that night, but then I used to see you at the 1 in 12 quite often. What I can remember is that I thought Ink And Dagger were pretty good and that Refused were good too, but as usual had to leave to catch the last train back to Leeds before the show ended. I also have a roll of film from that night that is still yet to be processed!