Saturday 27 November 2010

Thanks Jav!

I won a cool little 7" recently on ebay for 99 cents - a(nother) copy of the Life's Halt / No Reply split 7". I have about 5 versions of this thing already, although this isn't many when you consider that there are 30 different versions in total (see HERE). There were many different parody covers made, most being out of only 23 copies. I don't have any of them. The one I just got is the 'final' version, which has a sleeve that is basically just a photo of all of the other different sleeves!

The seller turned out to be Jav, who I have dealt with before, and who probably has more Integrity records than I do. So I took the opportunity to pick up a couple of extra items from him at the same time, as it seemed pointless paying 99 cents plus postage for a record. The first item Jav sold me was a Japanese version of the recent Integrity / Pale Creation 7". This is a funny one. There was a limited clear vinyl pressing of this 7" by A389 Records which was done for the bands only. But this Japanese pressing is also on clear vinyl pressed by A389 Records. So not sure what is going on. Did A389 actually press 150 extra clear records for the Japanese dude, or did the Japanese dude order the records direct from the pressing plant, using A389's plates, and select clear vinyl in the process? Perhaps we will never know. But even though the Japanese version contains the exact same vinyl as the US version, it has its own unique sleeve:

I also grabbed a black vinyl version of the 7.17 comp 7" that Jav released. I previously only had a green vinyl copy & a test press (see HERE). The black one has a different colour sleeve:

The final item I got was a cover for the 7.17 test pressing that I got from Dwid a while ago. I got sent one in a sleeve that it turns out was created for some copies that went to Japan. So whilst a nice & limited sleeve, the one I had was not the 'official' test sleeve. But now I do have one. Here it is:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotta say that that Japanese cover is way better than the A389 version.
On the other hand, not so keen on that test press cover, the 1st one that came with the test is cooler.
I've dealt with Jav, he's not exactly the fastest at shipping stuff out!

jav said...

"I've dealt with Jav, he's not exactly the fastest at shipping stuff out!"

this made me LOL

Anonymous said...

What's wrong, truth hurt Jav?