Tuesday 22 March 2011

Rot In Hell UK Release Show LP

Another day, another Rot In Hell LP from a release show that I didn't go to. This version right here is from the UK release show, which took place in Manchester down the same street that Morrissey, Ian Brown and the ginger one from Simply Red all live on. Fact.

Obviously I didn't go, because I now live in the south, and what most foreigners don't know is that once you move from the north of this country to the south you are only allowed to go back twice a year, and even then only if you speak in cockney at all times so as to advertise to the locals that you are a soft southerner... at which point you will be beaten with shovels and crapped on. Once ten years have passed though, you are allowed to move back to the north, as long as you eat a lot of pies and stop shaving. Fact.

Anyway, thanks to good old Iron Hat, I was notified that the impoverished northern youth couldn't afford the £49.99 price tag on this LP, and so there were a couple knocking about for idiots with more money than sense like me, so I bit his hand off.

The cover of this one is completely different to the US release show version that I featured in my previous post. This one is all black with some latin words on it. I did latin at school for two years and at the time hated it, because when you are 12 and someone is forcing you to learn a dead language, it's hard to be interested. It was funny one time though when the teacher shouted at Andy Carroll and he responded by throwing his latin text book on the floor in an act of defiance. At 12 we'd never seen anything like that before. We all went silent and shat ourselves, waiting for some kind of combat to ensue, but probably fuck all happened other than everyone in the year dropping latin when we got to the third year.

Please excuse the shite photos, but I had to take drastic measures to get the print to show up as it is orange ink on black card.

The back of the sleeve is a foldover affair with the band name featured in a nice size.

Then, inside of the sleeve is a flyer for the show. I strongly suspect that it was designed by a 5 year old wigger with no fingers. But looking at the line up kinda makes me glad that I didn't go. I'm not sure I would have had the patience to sit through 400 bands that I'd never heard of. Most likely I would have gone for a walk to find some food, ventured onto Canal Street and decided to give homosexuality a go just to pass some time. Then you know how it goes... I'd have had to come back down south, collect my records, quit my job and then go live with my new boyfriend Peter in his cramped studio apartment, and after a while he would get annoyed that my records take up too much room, and it would end in a fight. So all in all, best I didn't go to this event.

The best thing about this LP is that the record itself comes in a bright orange disco sleeve. Now, I'm sure that if I had seen this somewhere else then I would have said it was crap, but I actually really like this. I'm sure you will agree that the bright orangeness is really different and striking and I'd say that it's worth owning for this colourful feature alone.

Also, unlike the US release version, this one came with the lyric sheet / insert. No idea what the delay was with these, but it's nice to have the complete package, so to speak.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a load of old guff.

mcs said...

Actually it's not half bad. Especially the track without any vocals. You should give it another chance.

jhulud said...

I like this version better than the U.S. release one.

Anonymous said...

I was talking about you wiffling on.
The album is ok for a couple of spins, no more mind.

mcs said...

I always 'wiffle on' and write 'guff'. You should know that by now. If you don't like it then why not save yourself the trouble and stop reading it? I mean, obviously i would miss your kind comments that you clearly craft with a lot of care, but i'm thinking primarily of you and the stress i appear to cause you. If you had a coronary, for example, i would hate to be responsible. So perhaps its best if you derive your reading pleasure (or pain) somewhere else going forward. I would suggest the Rot In Hell blog. Their brand of guff is of a far higher standard than mine, as i am sure you are aware.

Anonymous said...

He shoots, he scores...

Anonymous said...

"Ars sina scienta nihil est" means "Art without science doesn't exist"

There's a copy for sale on ebay also, one with two stickers on the dustsleeve...

mcs said...

The one on ebay does not have 2 stickers on the dust sleeve. It has one sticker on the dust sleeve, like my copy has, and then it has another sticker that the seller has placed on the dust sleeve to take the photo.

Anonymous said...

So I won't be bidding on it... What gave him the right to do so?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mcs said...

You misunderstand. The one on ebay is the same as mine. It also has a loose sticker included but the seller has not stuck it on the dust sleeve.

Anonymous said...

Oh okay then

Anonymous said...

Just won it on ebay...