Wednesday 23 March 2011

Wayfarer 'The Days...' LP

Today's entry is short but sweet. I am more stoked on this record than I have been on any other record in at least a week.

The band is called WAYFARER and the record is a 12" called 'The Days Have Gone Down In The West'. The band is from the UK and if you think you have heard of them it is probably because they recently did a split 7" with Rot In Hell. Now, because I am old and out of touch, I hadn't heard of them prior to the split 7", and boy, did I feel like a chump! Fortunately I definitely now know who they are and, as we have already established, since I know what I am talking about I would suggest you follow my simple step by step guide as follows:

1. Go to the band's fagspace page

2. Listen to the song 'Ragnarok'

3. Piss your pants

After I did the above I was excited to hear more songs and so downloaded the LP from the internet. This is abnormal for me because usually I feel bad for downloading something that I don't own on vinyl. So I then decided to buy the record to make up for it.

As you may have gathered from the artwork, this band has a slight obsession with Norse mythology. Not something I profess to know anything about, but if you want a brief understanding of where this influence comes from then I suggest you read Part 1 of an interview with the band's vocalist on Joe Fad's blog. Part 2 will no doubt surface around the same time that I get that test for the Rot In Hell / The Process split.

There are only 250 copies made in total, so I'm a little surprised that there are still a few copies left over. To order one go HERE.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you waste your money...

mcs said...

Maybe. But you're only jealous because i have a lot to waste.

Mike said...

If you spend your money on stuff that you want, how is that wasting it?

mcs said...

I would guess it's because people who leave anonymous comments on blogs are "a bit slow".

Anonymous said...

Mr. Anonymous'es are so tuff ... Not!

I encourage people to post under a nickname also. Because their are a 1000+ people who can go under that same name...

Anonymous said...

taking pictures of records nobody cares or listen to. that's smart. that's hardcore.