Saturday 5 November 2011

Black Seaweed Tragedy

I placed my first ever order with No Idea Records recently to pick up a couple of 7"s that Juan had drawn my attention to a while back on the They Still Press Vinyl blog.

The first is the recent Seaweed 7". I guess No Idea convinced them to reform and record a couple of new tunes. The songs themselves are ok. More like the last couple of Seaweed records than the first couple. It's Seaweed though. The record itself is on green vinyl and in a nice die cut sleeve. Not sure why it has a train on the front, but hey, I'm not knocking it. Looks great.

The other record I wanted to pick up was the debut 7" by Black God. Made up of dudes who have been in Black Cross, Black (aka Young) Widows, By The Grace of God and Endpoint. Black God has Rob Pennington on vocals but the songs are short blasts, and damn good they are too.

I also added the second Cheap Tragedies 7" for good luck. You know how it is... you can't just buy two records. This one comes third in more than one sense.

No comments: