Monday 13 February 2012

Bane 'Give Blood' 10 Year Anniversary Reissue

The passing of time never ceases to amaze me. As I get older, the years seem to be flying by faster and faster. The last 5 especially are a total blur. But as much as I am constantly surprised by the passing of time, I still can't believe it has been ten years since Bane released 'Give Blood'. Crazy. Then again, if I think back to where I was and what I was doing in 2001, it does seem like a lifetime ago. Oh, how life has changed. And then, in some ways, it has remained the same. I mean, here I am, still buying the bloody colour vinyl for starters...

So yeah, you probably know by now that Triple B Records decided to repress 'Give Blood' in 2011 to mark the ten year anniversary of its original release. Given that it was originally put out by Equal Vision Records, and the band is still going whilst the vinyl LPs are long gone, it seemed sensible to put it back into print so that a new generation of kids could spin these songs on their turntables without having to drop big bucks on eBay.

The cool thing is that this has been reissued in different packaging, meaning that even those of us who bought it first time around could still get involved in the vinyl action and get some excitement. The front cover this time around is simply a red cross, and the sleeve is now gatefold:

The original artwork is also included, but this time as the cover to the glossy booklet style insert.

Just like the original, this reissue has been pressed onto 4 different colours of vinyl. Red & White Splatter (200), White (400), Clear Red (400) and Black (1000).

I did make sure to do something different to ten years ago though. This time around, I figured it most sensible to pursue up a test press as quickly as possible so as not to get caught up in some crazy bidding war on eGay. And wouldn't you know it, I got lucky.

There were 15 tests made, and unusually these come on color vinyl. It's quite a nice colour too. A kind of 'toothpaste' type colour.

I think that I now own one copy of this album for every year that it has been around. Wow. Here's to ten more...

6 comments:

Mike said...

Great post. Sweet test press. I own one copy of this on vinyl. Why am I feeling the need to buy more?

Jeff said...

Love your blog but I have always been curious how you get so many test presses. Do you just email the labels and make an offer? It seems like you manage to get one for almost everything you buy :)

mcs said...

Jeff - I don't actually have THAT many test presses to be honest. I mean, I have like 3700 records but only maybe 100 tests.

To answer your quetion though about where they come from... no, I do not email labels and make offers. I only did that a couple of times and didn't even get a reply. This one came from a member of Bane who I have been friends with for 12 years. The Integrity ones I have all got from Dwid, the RIH ones I got from people in the band. Pretty much all the rest have either come from private sale lists on message baords, or ebay. There's no secret really. It's just like collecting non tests.

The more time you spend looking, the more you will find.

Jeff said...

I have 2 tests, so I guess it just seems like a lot to me :)

Daniel Hoskin said...

I also made sure to get all 5 pressings quick smart. i am a bit disappointed the test isnt numbered though, i think it always adds a nice touch. my bane test press number is at 6 - still some tough ones to get though!

Across Your Face said...

that toothpaste color looks incredible. Never really seen that.