Monday 12 March 2012

Fuel / Angry Son 7"

It's funny how my record buying is influenced sometimes. Like a couple of weeks back I was playing my ipod on shuffle mode and a Fuel song came on & my mind kinda went "wow, this band is great, I need to make sure I have their entire output on this ipod". I only had the album in my itunes and I knew I also had a 7" in my collection which I needed the mp3s for. So I was looking around internet land and then discovered (aka remembered) that they did a split 7" with a band called Angry Son on Skene! Records, which I never owned or heard. So I headed over to eBay and found a copy on red vinyl up for sale. Easy.

If you've never heard Fuel, they were often regarded as a West Coast Fugazi. They were part of that Bay Area and Gilman Street scene, but unlike most bands of that era were quite serious in their approach. They had an LP out and a 7" on Lookout! Records. Everybody I knew liked them, and my friend Neil even went as far as getting their logo tattooed on his arm. And you know what? They still hold up today. Check out their website and use your google skills to listen to their tunes.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I love these kind of finds. A band catches your ear, and it triggers you to search ebay for their vinyl. Fuel were a great band. Their discography on Ebullition is great!