Monday 26 March 2012

Nervous Breakdown Red Sleeve

When I started collecting Black Flag records I was only interested in the color vinyl pressings. Yes, I know they are not original first pressings, but I don't care. They just look better. Except as usual, when I start down a track I get diverted. So recently I found a copy of 'Nervous Breakdown' 7" with a red cover and decided I wanted it, even though it was on black vinyl. The first pressing of this record from 1978 will not sell for less than $500 these days, so that's off limits really, but this slightly later pressing in a red sleeve is quite sought after because the majority of pressings of this record out there come in a blue sleeve.

There is also a later pressing of this one in a red sleeve on gold vinyl. One sold on eBay a few weeks ago that I saw and then forgot to bid on. Hopefully another one will show up at some point.

4 comments:

OLDSCHOOLMIKE said...

I have a copy of the red one also, got it in 81'. Still in mint condition.

Anonymous said...

http://imabouttohaveanervousbreakdown.blogspot.com/2009/09/black-flag-nervous-breakdown-7-as-most.html

Might be interesting for you. I never knew about the light blue sleeves before until I read this.

mcs said...

Thanks for the link. After starting to read it, it occurred to me that I have read it before. Interesting stuff though. Even more interesting that he doesn't have the gold vinyl, which if nothing else just shows that no matter how much you know and have, there is always more out there that you don't know about or have.

Anonymous said...

I guess he knows about it, maybe he just doesn't have one yet.
"The seventh version (not pictured) has the same sleeve as the one above, it is pressed on YELLOW vinyl but the centre label is the same as the version below with dark blue print."