Thursday 26 April 2012

Some Kind Of Test

So this week I have acquired a test press for the Some Kind Of Hate 7" on Bridge Nine Records. It's hard to believe that this record is nearly ten years old. In some ways, it still seems like this came out last week. Wow.

I do't have much to say about this, but I while we're on the subject I have two odd memories that are vaguely related to this band. Firstly, when Bane toured in 2002, Dalbec asked me what I had been listening to recently and I said I was into the Some Kind Of Hate 7". I remember because Bedard asked what it was, and Dalbec chipped in with "Matt Pike's band". I then stood there thinking "cool, I'm more up to date than the singer of Bane". Ha!

The second piss poor anecdote is that I met Matt Pike briefly in 2006. He had flown into the UK to see the Cro-Mags and Morrissey (not together though, obviously. I mean, can you even begin to imagine how that would work?). Anyhow, I chatted to him for like 5 minutes and literally the only thing I remember about the entire conversation is him telling me he had an Isis test press. Back then owning an Isis test seemed impressive. These days, however, owning Tre's test press is far more desirable.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Wow. I didn't expect to see a post here for Some Kind of Hate. Not because they were a bad band, but because they just seem to be one of those bands that would fade into obscurity, and no one would remember them. While I don't really remember anything off the 7 inch, I will say that the LP was much better.