Wednesday 16 May 2012

Cave In Antenna 7"

As I mentioned a few days ago, I've been on a bit of a Cave In kick recently, getting into the newest album and also re-exploring the back catalogue. A few weeks ago I picked up a red vinyl copy of the 'Antenna' 7" and this got me to thinking that I should try to get the other colours, given that the red was my third copy. I feel this happening more and more now. I have to decide to go for a full set or just be happy with one copy... although, when I look at my collection, there are loads of records that I have half a collection of, and whilst I don't want more copies, I also find it hard to let copies go. So I'm destined to stay in a halfway house, which seems kinda pointless. Anyway, back to the Cave In 7"... after deciding to go for a full collection (based largely on the theory that it wouldn't cost much) I looked around on eBay to see what was available. And to be honest, it didn't take too long to find what I was missing, and at a very low price.

First up, the clear blue vinyl. This is from the first press and is the rarest version out of only 100 copies.

Next, clear vinyl. This is the more common colour of the first press, being out of 600 copies.

And finally, purple marble. No way of telling which pressing this is. It's either second or third press. According to the website, both were on marble/mess/swirl, and in total there were 3,500 for both of these pressings combined.

Adding these new copies to the test, red & gold copies that I already had, I think this one now counts as complete. Job done.

And then as soon as I had taken this picture I suddenly realised that I don't have a black vinyl copy. Job not done. Fail.

2 comments:

Hop said...

I may be able to help you with a few more Cave In records...

mcs said...

Cool. For some reason, even back in the days when I bought only one copy of each record, I seemed to have a few exceptions of which Cave In were one. So I have most of their records on at least two colours. Things I know I am missing though include the 'Tides of Tomorrow' 12" where I think I have 2 but there may be 4 colours, and the 'Lift off' 7" which I think I have two but there are probably 4 or 5.