Saturday 28 July 2012

Pelican 'Ataraxia / Taraxis'

I haven't listened to Pelican much these past couple of years since their last album came out. But I went to see them play a couple of months ago, which was a nice reminder of how good they still are, and now there's a new record out. 'Ataraxia / Taraxis' is on Southern Lord and contains four 'songs'. It starts out quietly and then builds into the usual chugging riffs for the remaining songs. Unsurprisingly, if you already like the band then you'll like this as it is no great departure from their previous records, despite the last song on their last album hint that they may start experimenting by adding vocals.

I've seen this on clear, 'bone', black and the blue vinyl that I picked up. No idea what the pressing info is for this one. Anyone know?

Oh, also I picked up a spare if anyone in the UK wants it. Get in touch if you do.

No comments: